Convertible soft tops and accessories warranty
Prestige Soft Tops warrants each soft top and headliner to the original owner as the first purchaser. We extend the original manufacturers warranty exactly, commencing from the invoice date of sale.
Prestige Soft Tops reserves the right to determine if a warranty claim is valid. We may insist the item be returned to us for inspection and examination. Any abuse, misuse, or damage caused by incorrect installation or improper cleaning is the responsibility of the purchaser. All claims are calculated from date of invoice. Proof of purchase (the original invoice) must be presented to Prestige Soft Tops when a claim is made. In determining what constitutes a valid warranty claim under the terms of this warranty, the decision of Prestige Soft Tops shall be final.
Warranty period for each manufacturer
- BAS a period of one (1) year applies
- GAHH and Robbins a period of five (5) years apply
- EZ-ON and OEM+ a period of six (6) years apply
- Covered within the warranty period
The following items are covered under warranty
- Cracking or breaking of plastic components (excluding plastic windows)
- De-lamination of the deck seams
- De-lamination of the glass window
- Stitching of plastic window into topping material
- The material and stitching of the soft top, with the following exceptions:
– Original British Everflex Vinyl (EVE or EF), 1-year warranty
– Sonnenland Classic German Cloth with Cotton Dobby backing (GER or GR), 1-year warranty
Items not covered under the warranty
- Rips, tears, or abnormal discolouration of the topping material and its stitching
- Other purchaser installed parts and accessories
- Glass window breakage or cracking
- Zippers and fasteners
- Plastic window fading, cracking, hazing or discolouration
- Altering the convertible top in any manner without written approval from Prestige Soft Tops
Misuse, negligence or accident
If a part fails, the purchaser must contact Prestige Soft Tops or the installer to determine if the failed part is covered under the terms of this warranty. If a warranty claim is necessary, Prestige Soft Tops will contact the manufacturer for a Return Material Authorisation. Pending warranty eligibility, Prestige Soft Tops will supply a replacement part to the installer. The defective part must be returned to Prestige Soft Tops with the serial number tag attached to the top in order to claim any warranty replacement or labour credit.
Prestige Soft Tops will honour an 18 month pro-rated labour credit of $75.00 per hour to the professional installer. The number of hours is based on the recommended fitting hours outlined on the product description. This covers labour to fit an eligible warranty claim part only. It should be noted that labour credit will only be paid once the defective part has been returned to Prestige Soft Tops.
Conditions and limitations
This warranty is subject to certain conditions and limitations including, but not limited to:
Upon determining what constitutes a failure under the terms of this warranty, the decision of Prestige Soft Tops and the relevant manufacturer will be final.
This warranty is extended to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers upon sale of the part or sale of the vehicle on which it is installed.
Prestige Soft Tops does not accept any responsibility in connection with the incorrect installation of any of its products.
Prestige Soft Tops does not accept any responsibility to any purchaser for warranty express or implied by any of its installers beyond that which is contained herein.
Prestige Soft Tops does not assume responsibility for any incidental expenses under any circumstances. This includes, loss of time, revenue, or other consequential damage including, but not limited to: Expenses for food, accommodation, rental car costs, travel costs, or damage to the vehicle that the products are installed on including loss or damage to personal property of the purchaser or user of the products.